- 1 1//4 cups Honeyville Almond Flour
- 3/4 cup fresh cherries, pitted and diced
- 1/4 cup plus 2 tbsp honey
- 1/4 cup grass-fed butter or coconut oil, melted (used refined so there’s no coconut flavor)
- 2 eggs
- 1/4 tsp vanilla bean powder (2-3 beans)
- 2 tsp almond extract
- 1/4 tsp celtic sea salt
- 1/4 tsp baking soda
Combine diced cherries, 2 tbsp honey and 1/8 tsp of the vanilla beans in a bowl and mix well
In a different bowl, whisk the eggs, melted butter/oil, 1/4 cup honey and the almond extract
In another bowl, combine the flour, salt, 1/8 tsp vanilla beans and soda
Add the dry ingredients into the bowl of egg mixture and stir until combined
Pour the cherry mixture into the bottom of 6 holes of a greased muffin tin.
Pour the batter over the cherry mixture, it will come close to the top
Bake at 350 for 20 minutes or until brown
Remove from the tins with a big spoon.
These are so gooooood right out of the oven and still pretty awesome the next day or two! I think a dollop of dairy free vanilla ice cream would be delicious on top a warm cake!